Home Forum Ask A Member 1923 ELTO Service Twin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Seahawk
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I have a 1923 ELTO Service Twin 3 hp solid rudder which I will be restoring. Does anyone know what the compression of this motors should be? Does anyone have a service or owners manual for this particular motor they could share? Would also like to know how the cooling water circuit works? I see a screen just under the nose piece of the lower unit where water could be heading into. I see where it travels into and out of the cylinder heads. Just don’t know what is going on in between. Would like to know if there are any pump components in this circuit.

I am looking for the left and right cylinder heads if anyone has them available. Rings and pistons would be a plus.

Thanks,
      Howard

wbeaton
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

The water pump is located behind the steering yoke. You can see the piston behind the yoke in the attached photo. PM me your email address and I’ll send you the operators manual for your motor. If you are a Facebook user you can download the manual from “The World Needs More ELTO’s” page. I would have posted it here in the archives along with my large collection of manuals, but we don’t allow it for some reason.

C8A0F6A0-03C8-4163-A948-AFF11C6FEC57

Wayne
        Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Seahawk
        Participant

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the pic of the water pump location. I will PM you for the manual.

Greatly appreciated,
          Howard

Buccaneer
          Participant

Interesting that the pump mounts up that high, and in the same location
            as my 1925 Lightwin / Ruddertwin with no water pump.

Prepare to be boarded!

Elizabeth Eilers
            Participant

Hi! i just acquired an evinrude elto light twin #A8523 and was wondering if you would send along the manual? I joined the facebook group you mentioned but am waiting to be accepted 🙂

Buccaneer
              Participant

I have the Elto Rudder Twin A & B manual from that site, but it’s too large a file (3.6 mb)
                to upload here, or email you directly, but if you PM me your email address I can try
                to send it via “We Transfer”.

Prepare to be boarded!

Elizabeth Eilers
                Participant

Amazing, thank you so much @buccaneer I just sent my email over 🙂

The Boat House
                  Participant

Check the other thread you started for some
                    videos of stuff that’s not in a manual. .
                    Tubs

Elizabeth Eilers
                    Participant

Thannks everyone and @buccaneer I got the manual HUGE thanks! 🙂

george-emmanuel
                      Participant

There were 2 types of early water pumps. One as shown in the picture has the piston that is actuated by a cam on the driveshaft. The other type, which in my opinion was problematic, had a “connecting rod” that was connected to the cam on the driveshaft. Exhaust gas which had oil residue was the lubricating mechanism. As wear took place, the “connecting rod’ would sag, and at some point, bind, with the result being catastrophic. I had an early 1922 with that type and when it let go, it blew a hole where the exhaust cutout was on the side of the mid section.

George

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.