Home Forum Ask A Member New Coils For An Old ELTO

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    gofastgramps
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I WENT TO THE E BAY SITE AND GOT TWO OF THESE COILS FOR $15 EACH WITH FREE SHIPPING GARY

mercuryman
      Participant

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1A08-2A016-Mil … 1438.l2649

Here is a coil that should work on Bendix ignition part # 9786E128, it has a single High Voltage contact. Way back someone told me they used one on a Mercury. According to Saturn Surplus the 9786E128 is for points and the one used for Elto is for electronic ignition. These coils were used on a small 2 cylinder Military Generator.

jcrigan
        Participant

Just so you know, the coil (13225E0929) for the electronic ignition does not have a secondary winding.

Anonymous
            quote Richard A. White:

Finding Scintilla coils is the problem, finding Zephyr coils is easy…

And if you find them they are $$$$

mercuryman
            Participant

Do you mean the two solder buttons are missing. I ordered two awhile back and the secondary connections were filed off, the seller said no one else complained.

smokeonthewater
              Participant

Beautiful work!
                That coil "can" cleaned up like new!
                I was wondering where did you source the wire for the leads to the timer and battery…. it looks clean and fits the holes well!
                I’ll be doing this twice this winter for my ruddertwin and speedster. thanks for any info!

wbeaton
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years
                  quote Smokeonthewater:

Beautiful work!
                  That coil “can” cleaned up like new!
                  I was wondering where did you source the wire for the leads to the timer and battery…. it looks clean and fits the holes well!
                  I’ll be doing this twice this winter for my ruddertwin and speedster. thanks for any info!

Thanks. The wire is exterior grade 14-2. You can buy it cut to length at Home Depot or other such places.

Wayne
                  Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

huntleybill
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

This is fantastic. Thanks you guys. No I have to find the capacitor. Wonder if NAPA has them?

jcrigan
                    Participant
                      quote mercuryman:

Do you mean the two solder buttons are missing. I ordered two awhile back and the secondary connections were filed off, the seller said no one else complained.

No, there were no solder buttons or any sign of a secondary on these coils. I believe these coils were to drive external coils.

bigrichsoldoutboard
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

FYI I AM NOW STOCKING THESE COILS THEY ARE $15 EACH PLUS SHIPPING. BIG RICH’S OLD OUTBOARD PARTS EMAIL ME AT myoldoutboard@aol.com

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 62 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.