Parts interchangeably

Home Forum Ask A Member Parts interchangeably

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

• water man

Replies: 9
    Topics: 2

Is there a source to find what parts can be used on multiple outboards. I’m interested in the 1950’s Mercury’s.

Nicholas Keller

Replies: 34
    Topics: 7

oldmercs.com likely will prove to be a good starting point for the information you are looking for.

dave-bernard

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 2014
    Topics: 30

Call me 1 914 310 7086.

billw

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2071
    Topics: 66

Mercury, despite their “Dark Side” reputation, was really good at what you’re asking about, much better than OMC. They had what they called the “Where Used Record.” I have it on microfiche and I am sure, it was printed, at one time.

Long live American manufacturing!

water man

I searched for this “Where Used” publication. Found two of them, one for $135 and $425. The Mark 30 and all the other related parts that came in the deal will go back into hibernation.

seakaye12

Replies: 1117
    Topics: 108

If you want to PM me with an email address I can send you a PDF of the Mercury Where Used Book. It is 314 pages long and too large a file to be posted here. I will use wetransfer.com to send you the file. It is free to use.

water man

Thank you for sending me the manual. I’ll definitely share it.

water man

I’ve been looking in the “Where used” book to see if my Mark 30 could be retrofitted with a Mark 20 tiller handle and if the parts would allow for throttle control. I matched at least one parts number to both motors. Comparing pictures of the Mark 20 to the Mark 30 looks like the cross shaft might be the same dimensions. If it’s been done before I’d like to keep the option open in case I decide to try the tiller option on another boat.

dave-bernard

Replies: 2014
    Topics: 30

the tiller will fit , the elbow will work BUT wont swing all the way up becouse the angle is different. the inner parts are different.

water man

Ive got a boat in mind for the motor. It will be a good fit given the lack of electric system and will work well with the remote steering.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.