Home Forum Ask A Member Scott/McCulloch vibration/isolation mount challenge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Captain_Rum
    Participant

Trying to locate part #332-1711 mount (#61 in picture) for a 1960 Scott 40hp motor – which is apparently a very tricky mount to find… the dimensions are 1 inch diameter by 3/8″ height with 1/4 -20 threads that exted 3/4″ either side

anyone have any suggestions where i could find these? i have scoured ebay and google to no avail!

illus

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Mumbles.
      retiredoz
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Looks like the early 60 and 75-hp McC used them too. Might expand your cadaver search ?

Captain_Rum
        Participant

thanks for the tip- i have a parts diagram manual for the 40hp but not the 60hp, do you have a pdf copy perchance?

retiredoz
          Participant

I’ve got a Wizard 60 book, I think it varies from the McCulloch only by the decal. I’ll send it to you for the cost of media mail postage…Send me a PM if you’re interested

Mumbles
            Participant

18-20-25 Johnnyrudes also use something similar and might be the same size. They are vibration isolators and Princess Auto carries them but they are slightly taller so the hood and lower pan would sit a bit higher. McMaster Carr or Grainger might be a source.

Nice to see you back Oz!

retiredoz
              Participant

Hey Mumbles I didn’t get too lost. It’s just a lot easier to put pictures on Facebook. i did check the earlier OMC versions, not a good match IMHO.

The ‘support grommets’ used on the 9.9-15 (and maybe a bunch others) might be close enough, they’re 1″ by 5/8s and accommodate a 1/4×20 bolt.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by retiredoz.
                Captain_Rum
                Participant

turns out discount marine does have them… i will order me a set from there
                  thanks everyone for your suggestions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.