Home Forum Ask A Member Will outboards and inboards be next in California

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

California lawnmowers, tractors, golf carts, chain saws etc….joining the dodo bird soon

No mention of outboard or boating industry impacts but is it all real while big the petroleum industry , chemical industries pollute on a grand scale.

will the wine industry be next with all that carbon dioxide they produce….. next will be cow farts ….and methane

time to invest in canoes and beyond meats

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

bob-d
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Saw that the other day, and that’s the first thing I thought of. Outboards next.
        I live in NY state, and we also mirror a lot of California’s emission rules.
        Boy I hope not!
        Bob D

sutterhome
        Participant

i read you wont be able to buy a gas lawn anything. But it didn’t say you could not own one or use one..but who knows. Maybe reno or vegas would be a good spot to set up a retail store?
          And why do we pay highway gas tax on things that are never on the roads???Makes you wonder.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by sutterhome.
          Matthew Pieklik
          Participant

How do you eat an elephant?…….one bite at a time. Keep your powder dry.

billw
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I wonder if bans on the things mentioned, like chain saws, are more for being a spark hazard than a pollution hazard? Here in the Northeast, not everything is catching on fire every five minutes, at least not yet. Maybe we are safe from those types of bans, for awhile?

Then again, it probably IS the pollution that they’re worried about. Our politicians have not the slightest clue how to tackle real issues, so why not impose a ban on tiny chain saws, to feel important and make believe they’re saving the planet? Meanwhile, the guy with the sixty-foot sport yacht can still burn a hundred gallons of diesel fuel an hour, going to catch a fish he could have bought at the fish market. Man, I am so glad I am older and will be checking out sooner than later.

Long live American manufacturing!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by billw.
              Matthew Pieklik
              Participant

I guess they won’t like my 10:1 SeaGull . You also have to remember, The people coming up with these ideas never cut a lawn and think beef comes from the supermarket. I know this is an outboard forum but I think a bunch of us feel the same. I like my old outboards. I feel a sense of accomplishment putting new life in someones piece of junk. If they could talk , the stories they could tell. If you treat them good, they do the same. November 2022 can’t come quick enough. I’m sure we will hear a big flush.

IMG_1222

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Mumbles.
                Matthew Pieklik
                Participant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.