Home Forum Ask A Member Is this the original pull rope? 4423 3.3 Evinrude

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gobucs1
    Participant

I finally obtained an original pull handle for my 4423 3.3 and was wondering if the rope is the original as well? The current rope on my motor is very thin and I don’t think it is old.

Thanks for all help.

Original rope?

What is on my motor now.

frankr
      Participant

US Member

The brown one with the hook on the end is original, or at least an old one from the era.

chris-p
        Participant

Yeah looks like one with the wire inside.

Steve A W
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Whats on Your motor looks like clothes line rope.
            Some one has a service bulletin from OMC that explains the diameter and length
            for the different motors. If someone has a copy of Max Wawriziniak’s book "Cheap
            Outboards" it’s shown in there. I haven’t found My copy of His book since We moved.
            Anyway, You can go to a lawn mower shop and get the proper rope.

Steve A W

Member of the MOB chapter.
            I live in Northwest Indiana

gobucs1
            Participant

Thanks, it is the original or at least Evinrude genuine part from the era. I removed it from the old pull start and it has a wire in it and a brass hook on the end. I will install it in my painted one Monday after I polish up the aluminum in the pull handle. I will post pics of it when installed. The pull rope I asked about looked old/original but this motor is twice my age and around far before me.

I may swap over the fuel door after painting since it has most of the original sticker and mine has none.

(Looking for a push point, original tools and two lower unit to midsection screws to make all original and possibly to run once I have a second working point)

gobucs1
              Participant

Thank you again for the help. Here is it installed. It’s a big difference from how it has sat the past few years without the handle.

ray-schaber
                Participant

Always close the fuel door gently, they like to break at the slots.
                  Ray

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.