Home Forum Ask A Member Outboard Literature

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    punchbug
    Participant
      quote Bob D:

I bought a new USB stick and am planning to send. A little postage is well worth the amount of information that it sounds as if you have compiled. I paid $30 alone for an original 1958 Johnson 10HP owners manual.
      As John C asked is there anything in particular that you are looking for so I may include (if I have) it on my stick before I send?
      Thanks,
      Bob D

Just send what you have as my database has grown I have not made a "master list" of what I have on it. It is far easier for me to see what you have and determine if I have it. here is a problem I face all the time. My list is labeled by maker, year, hp I don’t list them by model number where many people do list their info by model number. So either you have to determine the year of the motor and HP or I have to determine the model number to see if I have it. If you send me the info I look at the cover page or first page of each file you send me and if I don’t recognize it as something I have I then do a more detailed search to see if I have it. If it is new I add it to the database, if I already have it I just move to the next file you send me on your stick. This process alone can take several hours to do. You would be surprised at how many files I get that are identical but labeled different. IE the same motor parts list could be titled as a 1956 fastwin or a 1956 15hp or a 1956 fastwin electric or an evinrude model 15918. These are all the same motor parts lists. One other problem is they will send me info labeled as 3M-GS which means something on their computer to them, but I need to find out what it is. It is a Champion model 3M-GS power-shift lite twin. But wait what year is it? Can you see my problem now with letting you know what I need?
      Please just send me what you have it is way easier for me to do it my way.

punchbug
      Participant

Here is my address once again

Bill Smart
        6-29338 Jane Rd.
        Thamesville Ont.
        N0P-2K0

punchbug
        Participant
          quote punchbug:

Here is my address once again

Bill Smart
          6-29338 Jane Rd.
          Thamesville Ont.
          N0P-2K0

forgot my e-mail address

punchbug@xplornet.com ANY USB STICK SENT TO ME MUST BE AT LEAST 64GB IN SIZE I will not downsize my archive to fit a smaller stick. It takes well over an hour for the computer to copy all the files onto a USB stick as it is.

bob-d
          Participant

US Member

Bill,
            I will pull together everything I have, and shoot you out a 64 GB stick this week.
            Thanks again for putting the info together. I realize that it a huge job,and time intensive.
            I have been reading the posts from the beginning, and I understand what you require regarding return postage etc.

Bob D

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member
              quote Bob D:

Bill,
              I will pull together everything I have, and shoot you out a 64 GB stick this week.
              Thanks again for putting the info together. I realize that it a huge job,and time intensive.
              I have been reading the posts from the beginning, and I understand what you require regarding return postage etc.

Bob D

Bob, just curious, what did the USPS site come up with for postage
              for the round trip? Whatever I came up with months ago was nuts.
              Perhaps I’m doing something wrong.
              Thanks.

Prepare to be boarded!

bob-d
              Participant

US Member

Buc, I will let you know what the round trip is from NY when I hit the post office this week.
                Bob D

flathead
                Participant

If I remember right, punchbug said from the start he’d do this, compile all the information and give it to the AOMCI free of charge. I sent him all I could get scanned in. Sent some on USB, some email. It was originally for the new site. He then added the option to put it on a USB and send it back to people that wanted it. Seems pretty simple, and pretty good deal for you if see the amount of info that’s on there. I certainly hope I’m not the 11.00 he lost, if so, I’ll make that right. It’s really very slick to look things up on this USB. I’m hoping this winter to be able to get some more stuff scanned in and sent to him again. For a guy like me that’s not great with computer it works good. I can spend hours trying to find something searching on the internet. If it’s on there, just a few minutes, and I don’t have the history with these motors some of you guys do so I still need a lot help. He can’t be getting rich trying to get postage back. (That’s probably the most words I’ve typed on the internet in my life except for a 35hp Lark issue)

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.