Home Forum Ask A Member 1953 evinrude super fastwin 15hp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mstreur1
    Participant

Just got my 1st fastwin motor and am new to the outboard world so trying to learn as much as i can. what spark plugs should i be running in this motor and what pitch prop should be on it?

thanks

bobw
      Participant

US Member

Spark plug would be Champion J6C or even better NGK B6S. Prop pitch will depend on your boat size and load.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
        1954 Johnson CD-11
        1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
        1958 Johnson QD-19
        1958 Johnson FD-12
        1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
        "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

Mstreur1
        Participant

It is a 14′ sylvan sea snapper deep v aluminum boat. the props they recommend when i punch in my info is a 9 diameter and a 9 pitch does that sound about right?

frankr
          Participant

US Member

Kind of like fortune telling with a crystal ball. The motor came with a 9 X 11 prop which was felt would be ok for the average boat the motor was apt to be used on. I don’t know as I would drop clear down to a 9 X 9, but what do I know?

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

go to the url on this red book picture to get all the info you need to maintain your oldy… 🙂

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Doug
              Participant

Check this link for spark plug recommendations, you engine will be listed. I just used it tonight as I am just starting to go through a 54 25hp evinrude

http://shop.evinrude.com/products/553609/2-Stroke

I got a few I have had a long time but can always use a few more going into retirement.

labrador-guy
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have a 53 super fastwin. Great motor! I think it has a 9X10 prop on it. Pushes my 14′ MirroCraft about 21/22 MPH. Helps if I lighten the boat up some she might do a little better. They run great!

dale

They don't make'm like this anymore!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.