Home Forum Ask A Member 1959-64 3 hp fuel line

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    billy-t
    Participant

Thanks everyone

49hiawatha
      Participant

I have gone down that road already, that is brass fittings @ auto supply places,marinas, industrial supply fasteners , old time lawnmower/chain saw repair facilities w/in a major urban area (25 mile circumference) where WICO and Phelon and Indian were made less than seven miles from my house. Results – zero. E-bay , old stationary engine suppliers and related = zero. I have done brakes using steel (pressure lines) and flared but these outboard ones have defeated me at this point.

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Mcmaster has them in 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2. But no 3/16". Durn! BTW, they call them supported 45 degree brass flared tube fittings. Never heard them called that before. They were inverted flares ever since I was a pup.

The part number for the complete pipe & nuts assembly is 277213, listed as not available. Try some of our guys that have NOS parts in stock.

billy-t
          Participant

Thanks all, bought a couple from Dan Gano one of the links resources. Great guy to deal with and reasonable too.

enrico-italy
            Participant

Hi…

Someone found a source for Lightwin fuel valves?

the 90° version someone suggested last year fits perfectly on 1,5-2hp Mate …

johnyrude200
              Participant

If you have the old fuel line that is broken, I’ve actually saved the two ends that go from the tank and the carb to be reused, snipped the middle section, and used rubber hose with fuel clamps on the two ‘nubs’. Sure makes lining everything up go WAY faster on those motors…since you have about a 1 millimeter amount of play between getting the tank and carb perfectly lined up.

You would think the copper line would break more readily given that the vibrations of the running motor have nowhere to be dissipated with that setup. But there certainly is something to be said for the durability of all metal motors.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.