Home Forum Ask A Member 1962 Elgin 7.5 HP parts manual

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    john8504
    Participant

Got the manual. Looks great!!

huntleybill
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you Frank for the advise on using http://www.laingsoutboards.com/. I ordered a fuel pump diaphragm from them for the same Elgin motor. I got the part but they sent it in a standard envelope with a (approx) 50 cent stamp on it. That is NOT really an issue for me except that they charged me $8.90 for shipping when it cost them at most 75 cents. I emailed them asking for at least a partial refund on shipping but was ignored.

I don’t think I will be doing business with them or these kind of people.

dave-bernard
        Participant

US Member

Don’t forget it has to be taken to the post office. it is not just postage.

huntleybill
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Sorry Dave, I don’t buy that. When I ship something to someone, I don’t charge them to go to the post office. Secondly, it was a letter envelope. you walk 10 feet to the mail box, insert it, then raise the red flag. Besides that, there is that issue of ignoring my emails. I hear what you are saying but what happened to just good old fashioned customer service?

MichiganT
            Participant

Any chance you have a electronic copy of the Elgin parts list or any manuals.

Thanks

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

frustrating yes… unfortunately lot of  shops  have  flat rate charges for shipping and  handling  and  their profit on a diaphragm can’t be much anyway .

S&H charges probably compensates  for this.

my post office is pretty  critical about stuff in  “letter”  enveloppes.   Anything bumpy becomes  ” a parcel”  $$$$

they should have  been up front  and tell you the total cost.   I assume they  charged it on a a credit card ??

If you feel bad about it you can always  get your credit company to ” charge back”  and you can mail back the diaphragm .

buying from another supplier may not be cheaper in the long run ..  🙁

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

seakaye12
                Participant

US Member

Any chance you have a electronic copy of the Elgin parts list or any manuals.

Thanks

Hi Michigan and Thanks for the Post.

This is a FOUR year old thread.  Always best to start a new one.

crosbyman
                  Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

good eye … I did not notice the date 🙁     I guess Huntley got over it  🙂

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

The Boat House
                    Participant

Sorry Dave, I don’t buy that. When I ship something to someone, I don’t charge them to go to the post office. Secondly, it was a letter envelope. you walk 10 feet to the mail box, insert it, then raise the red flag. Besides that, there is that issue of ignoring my emails. I hear what you are saying but what happened to just good old fashioned customer service?

This company has to pay people to do what your willing to do for free.
                      If you consider what it cost to put that part in stock so the person that took your
                      order could give it to the person who went to the parts room to get the part along
                      with whom ever packaged it for shipping, plus recording of the sale, not to mention the
                      expenses of the building, like utility’s, insurance, maintenance, rent or mortgage,
                      that this all went on in, and then there are tax’s, the company lost money on an
                      order that small. For a business its more than just sticking a part in an envelop and
                      sending it to the post office.
                      Tubs

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.