Home Forum Ask A Member Facebook

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kevinf
    Participant

If you want kids involved yes you are going to have to use social media. My kids have already dumped FB as old fashioned and too many old folks 🙂

Kev

s1b
      Participant

Personally I think most people saying no to Facebook, don’t understand it. They heard the media tell a couple bad storie or "what ifs". From that they drawn their opinion/veiw of it.

It trully can can be a vital tool if used properly

mini-motors
        Participant

Yes. I browse it 2 or 3 times a day. I will be checking out the AOMCI group soon.

seakaye12
          Participant

US Member
            quote Mumbles:

FB is only as private or public as you set your account up to be. It can be set so only selected friends can view it or communicate with you. It can be a useful tool if used sensibly and can be more private than the public forums here which the whole world can view. ❗

That of course is true. There are various "privacy filters" that can be fiddled with. But; that only keeps the general public "casual viewers" at bay….who knows what Facebook themselves still has access to…should they choose to.

Data is valuable; it’s essentially the business model of the modern internet…..give people something they value (Google, Facebook, et al…..) and then capture and sell the data. It makes me uncomfortable because so many people in various parts of the world can be subject to all sorts of persecution/prosecution /harassment by their governments. Freedom of speech and religion and sexual preference are not enjoyed by all members of society….and platforms like Facebook and Google are very risky for those folks. I choose not to support them for those and other reasons.

BTW…..I have visited the AOMCI Facebook page! Pretty cool! But….why is it set up in such a way as to require folks to have a Facebook account in order to view it? Most public groups are not configured that way.

Chuck

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.