Home Forum Ask A Member old canoe- looking to repair

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jodihuth
    Participant

I was given my fathers canoe when he passed away. The original color was red. If you look at the pxs you can see that I have sanded down the other colors that the canoe was painted and would like to return it to its original state. There is a raised ?phoenix as well as lines around each end of the coanoe that are raised as well that were originally painted white. I am looking for any info on the canoe itself- make etc and also would like to know where I can take this canoe to be brought back to its original state- repair, paint etc. Thank you for all of your help! I live in the Oshkosh fonddulac area but am willing to take it to anywhere in WI

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

tried googling canoe repairs ?

https://www.instructables.com/id/Repairing-a-Fiberglass-Canoe/

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

need2fish
        Participant

Is it fiberglass or is it canvas (in your photo what looks like a canvas puncture) ? Wood inside?

If it’s a canvas/wood canoe, then it takes a very specific skill set — to me , you’d be looking for “boat restoration”. If it’s fiberglass , then it’s probably a repair.

jodihuth
          Participant

I am looking for someone besides myself to repair this fiberglass canoe. I dont want to mess it up lol- it may be simple but would really like someone to bring it back to its original glory and red color.
            Would you know of any one or a company in WI that does that?

jodihuth
            Participant

it is a fiberglass canoe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.