Home Forum Ask A Member Onto a new learning curve…CD ignition

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    jeff-register
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

As Frank R states the old meters are obsolete. Key item with any meter is is it’
      s sampling rate. They have a given time in between the meter takes another voltage sample. All meters have a given sample rate. also as atated connections & good soldered connections are a must with these systems. Usually the SCR is what is trashed when they go but getting the component I.D. ed after removing all the potting mix if the part even has a number that is useful. Some are built in a one time run for a customer for that batch of motors never to be produced again so down to parts level is chasing the tail I have found. Best deal is good set of brains (instructions) & correct E-tools to work with. Some of my Merc guys are finding some replacement parts using a solvent to remove the potting & find the SCR trashed or bad connections where the wire comes out of the box. Still with Frank though, Good tools & instructions & deep pockets for E parts. Flakey connections can destroy electronics in a hurry!! ➡

debe
      Participant

Here in Australia a magazine Silicon Chip published a CDI Module in May 2008 issue. It was sold as a kit by Jaycar Electronics for $20. Ive built several & used them on stationary engines that had failed CDI units. If you have 3 cylinders you need 3 of these units one for each cylinder. There is a circuit in photo bucket debe5.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.