Home Forum Ask A Member Pickers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mercuryman
    Participant

Today Pickers were in large old build on Missouri River full on old inboards, lots of outboards, signs and boat junk. They got a large Mercury sign.Why do they avoid old outboards ?

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I saw it also. One of my coworkers lives near there and knows of the facility…He wanted too much for that stuff, sure hope some of those nice old Mercs found a home before getting tossed…

kirkp
        Participant

This the show where the building owner had the old Chriscraft that he didn’t want to sell? If so I think it originally appeared a couple weeks ago??? I believe I heard that there was going to be an auction.

Why don’t they want old outboards? Think about how hard it is for you to sell one.

Kirk

opposedtwin
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

This the show where the building owner had the old Chriscraft that he didn’t want to sell? If so I think it originally appeared a couple weeks ago??? I believe I heard that there was going to be an auction.

Why don’t they want old outboards? Think about how hard it is for you to sell one.

Kirk

“THAT’S A BINGO!!”

The Boat House
            Participant

Buccaneer
              Participant

US Member

I have yet to find any outboard parts “antiquing” with my metal detector.
                There was an old homestead in the woods behind me from 30’s to circa 1940’s
                …… mostly found zinc canning jar lids, parts of an old radio, broken plow shears and
                a tractor fender. Guess Herman spent more time farming than fishing……..
                and he was very careful not to lose even one penny!

Prepare to be boarded!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.