AOMCI.org On Line Rules
AOMCI.org Online Rules
Treat others how you wish to be treated!
- Please share your knowledge, don’t keep it all bottled up inside. That’s what the club and this website is all about; and it’s not just outboard knowledge, but computer knowledge too.
- Cyberspace is just an extension of us, your quick emails or postings are affecting folks at the receiving end – please be courteous. If you’re in a lively discussion, please think twice about what you’re going to post for everyone else to read. Often your posting may say more about you, than your topic matter.
- Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life. If you wouldn’t normally walk up to someone at a meet and call them a liar, please don’t do so online. If there’s a possibility someone wrote something a little hotter than intended – discretion is the better part of valor.
- Keep discussions civil. Even two parties with strongly opposing opinions can have mature threads without reverting to name calling. Flaming posts will be removed at the discretion of the moderators/webmasters. Repeated abuse of the message board may result in a temporary ban of your AOMCI online privileges.
- This is a member only board – it will not be moderated on a regular basis.
- Please keep topics within the realm of old iron and related subjects
- Do not use this board for buying or selling.
- Typing messages in ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING. Be aware of inadvertent SHOUTING.
- Respect others’ privacy. Please don’t share emails addresses of members with non-members unless that member has indicated it’s OK to do so.
These violations pertain to those threads that are highly offensive, flaming other members, or blatantly ignoring the rules set forth.
- First Violation – warning, removal of post
- Second Violation – Email warning, removal of post
- Third Violation – 30-day removal of AOMCI Inner Sanctum privileges, email, and removal of post
- Fourth Violation – 6-month removal of AOMCI Inner Sanctum privileges, email, and removal of post
- Fifth Violation – up to Executive Council decision