Home Forum Ask A Member 1948 Neptune Mighty Mite A1 starting issue help requested

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    fisherman6
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years
      quote Huntleybill:

Yes buccaneer they DO make plastic. They also make rubber, wood, some metals, nylon and even chocolate. Yes, I said chocolate. If you go to my website http://www.billrauscher.com/outboards, I have items under OMC parts like the rubber bumpers for the shrouds as an example. I have made other parts as well.

Not a lot of people have 3D printers yet but it is a growing idea. Once you get the printer, you then need to learn a CAD program to be able to make stuff. More toys…more fun 🙂

I have been considering the benefits of a 3D printer for some time now. I have the CAD thing down since I use it every day in my real job and have been for plenty of years now. Do you have any recommendations as to a decent one to own? Something with good precision, good durability, amd decent capacity? I’ll pay for one if I know it’s good enough to pay for. I don’t necessarily want to break the bank though.
      -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

johnny-infl
      Participant

Hey Bill – – – you about ready to post some photos of your Neptune ??

huntleybill
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Hey John…not yet. I will be painting it this week hopefully. It may take me a couple of weeks to get it completely finished. Don’t worry, when I get it done, I will post the pictures and make sure EVERYONE sees the brass!!

Fisherman6: The good news is there are a lot of choices for good 3D printers. The bad news is there are a lot of choices for good 3D printers! The first one I bought was a Makerfarm 8 inch Prusa I3V. http://www.makerfarm.com. The support after the sale is incredibly good. The machine is a kit and you put it together with very good step by step instructions.

Then I wanted to get something with better quality and with Dual extruders. So, I did a lot of homework (as I would strongly suggest you do) and settled on the "Flashforge Creator Pro 2016" I chose it because of the good reviews it has and the fact that it is a very popular brand. Both machines are well under $1000.

Hope this helps.
          Bill

fisherman6
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Bill,
            That does help. I will do some homework before taking the leap. Having a good place to look and someone with experience with the product helps a.lot though.
            -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

Mumbles
            Participant

If you have a printer, could you make another printer with it and return the original one for a refund? :mrgreen:

Steve A W
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

😆 😆

Member of the MOB chapter.
                I live in Northwest Indiana

garry-in-michigan
                Participant

Lifetime Member

A really good 3D printer can print a silver dollar for a little under 30 bucks. . .
                  😆
                  and get you arrested for counterfeiting …

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.