Home Forum Ask A Member 1952 Evinrude super fastwin 15 HP fuel spray

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    frankr
    Participant

US Member

So, is this the rearward facing hole you are looking at? Actually, I think you should be seeing the end of the screw that holds the drain valve (#39 in the diagram). If the hole is open, the screw is missing. Simple fix.

20mb image hosting

PugetSoundBoater
      Participant

David, i had to turn my laptop clockwise 90 degrees .Yes, that is the hole centered equal distance between the 2 exposed bolt ends. The hole itself shows as a half moon shaped light spot in David’s photo .The carb is in the upper left corner. a picture is worth 1000 words Thanks David !

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
        Robbie Robertson

PugetSoundBoater
        Participant

Frank, yes that is the hole. The screw must be missing Thanks .

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
          Robbie Robertson

frankr
          Participant

US Member

It should run better once you get that leak fixed and the puddle drain valves working.

kingstonlad
            Participant

David, I own the motor that’s being discussed here. Yes, that is where the gas was spraying from: centered between the two bolt ends, down and to the right of the red splotch. Most of the ‘part breakdowns’ that I have, and those I’ve found on the net have the position of the "oil passage plug" part #301732 on the edge of the forward half of the crankcase. My motor has what you have pictured above, and yes the motor is a 1953, not a ’52. I have not been able to find the part listed on my regular ‘go to’ sites, but have softly wedged a taper pin into the orifice. Seems to be working, but I will continue to look for the part. Thanks for your input.

Kingstonlad

frankr
              Participant

US Member

The missing screw is only half the problem. The screw holds the drain leaf valves on. It is not a matter of simply plugging the hole. Remove the intake manifold to fix it.

kingstonlad
                Participant

It’s a bit hard for me to imagine that I left those parts out, or installed them improperly, but what you said makes sense. It is an easy task to check and see for sure, which I will do, but I also still seem to have a problem with not having a place for the "oil passage plug" which is shown on all my diagrams, but does not exist, where indicated, on my engine. One step at a time … I’ll let you know what i find when I remove the manifold.

Thanks, Kingstonlad

david-bartlett
                  Participant
                    quote kingstonlad:

It’s a bit hard for me to imagine that I left those parts out, or installed them improperly, but what you said makes sense. It is an easy task to check and see for sure, which I will do, but I also still seem to have a problem with not having a place for the “oil passage plug” which is shown on all my diagrams, but does not exist, where indicated, on my engine. One step at a time … I’ll let you know what i find when I remove the manifold.

Thanks, Kingstonlad

The "Red Splotch" in my picture is the pin.

david-bartlett
                    Participant

To "beat a dead horse" so to speak, it finally dawned on me to use my disassembled powerhead for the pictures.

In the first pic the pencil points at the plug.
                      In the second the pencil points at the screw hole.
                      In the third you can see the screw hole from the inside.

Attachments:

vintin
                      Participant

Have the reeds been sucked into the cylinders?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.