Home Forum Ask A Member 1st of many questions Merk KF7

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    The Boat House
    Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
      • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
      jeff-register
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Tubs,
        Check messages. Also a dremel tool & Pitman arm puller will remove the magnet rotor. Just grind a little off the edges. I made my own too & it still removes pitman arms too. Pull the two screws from the rear of the plate to remove mag plate. Clean both bushings surfaces & lube lightly. That is why the ground wire is needed. Be sure to take the points apart & clean, be sure all insulating bushings are in place & use a ohm meter to be sure it’s insulated from the ground plane.
        I went to a good hardware store & bought two hardened pins to remove the impeller cover, all others will bend or break. Be sure to add prop nut & washers so the cover stays engaged & not jump out. Use thread cleaner to help too & heat the case. Be careful, will break easy.
        Jeff

The Boat House
        Participant

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

Is the Mcstuffin in the crank case to keep it clean? Guessing your not painting this one, just clean and go?

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
            classicomctools@gmail.com

The Boat House
            Participant

RICHARD A. WHITE
              Participant

Lifetime Member

LOL granddaughter was big into Doc McStuffins…., I saw all the paper stuffed in the power head and that word just stuck

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                classicomctools@gmail.com

Steve A W
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years
                  quote Richard A. White:

Is the Mcstuffin in the crank case to keep it clean? Guessing your not painting this one, just clean and go?

I thought maybe you had McDonalds on the mind 😆

Steve A W

Member of the MOB chapter.
                  I live in Northwest Indiana

jeff-register
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Tubs,
                    Your powerhead looks good, one item we haven’t discussed. The wear pattern on the block where the mag rides. To check set points to .18 used & cleaned up & rotate mag plate & recheck points setting again as it is advanced,
                    Please send your old coils for me to build for you to try, no money except shipping, give me the chance to try my rebuilt coils for you. They have been on my kg7 going on 4 years now & still function, I’m in the arizona book.
                    Jeff Register

The Boat House
                    Participant

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.