Home Forum Ask A Member 3 old outboards and no idea what to do with them.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    brooksdg
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies. And my apologies for using the term scrap. but I did save them from a trip to the dump which is where mom was sending them. I started on a for sale thread but not knowing enough about them figured I’d ask and get more info. Hadn’t thought about the Votech angle, would have to check to see if the program is still kicking. they have a bad habit of axing things like that round here.

Mumbles
      Participant

The Martin motors can be popular amongst their followers and I know there are several of them here.

Wasn’t that a Martin 60 in this old ad for a Yellow Jacket boat kit you could buy back in the 50’s or 60’s?

Attachments:

amuller
        Participant

The Martin would appeal to me if I was in your area. Had one once and it was a very quiet and well-behaved motor. If you were to scan that Martin paperwork it would be a popular item.

In any event, thank you for saving these motors!

brooksdg
          Participant

Could anyone clue me in on where I might find S/N on the Martin and Scott? I’ve seen pictures showing the ID plates but I didn’t see anything like that on the ones I have.

PugetSoundBoater
            Participant

The Martins that I’ve seen have a tag riveted to the tiller handle.

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
              Robbie Robertson

auldscott
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The Scott is probably a 1958 or 1959. The numbers are on a plate on the front of the transom clamp assembly but for a while, McCulloch was just printing the numbers and a touch of some solvents would just wipe the numbers away – so there may not be any numbers showing.

brooksdg
                Participant

I was noticing the same on the Martins I saw online. But in the last pic of it I posted I dont’ see one and it doesn’t appear like anything was riveted on the arm and was missing.

Thank you auldscott. I’ll see what I can find.

Mumbles
                  Participant

See if there’s some small rivet holes in this area where the tag should be on the Martin. It might have been removed sometime in the past.

Attachments:

brooksdg
                    Participant

I’m not seeing any. and the hole going through the body work matches up pretty well so I’m guessing its not a miss-matched part. I guess it could be, pretty sure the throttle is a quick fix from years ago. Noticed that looking at pictures of how other Martins looked.
                      Sort of funny I was looking everywhere for some #s and now to learn it should be out in the open like that.

Attachments:

The Boat House
                      Participant

This would be the man to talk to.
                        Here is a link.

http://martinoutboards.com/

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.