Home Forum Ask A Member New 302495 Oil Seals OMC 10-18HP ’51 to ’57

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    cesarp35
    Participant

Hi Chris,
      I just wanted to see if you had a chance to look up the model # and Serial # on my previous reply regarding the Prop shaft seal, any help will is greatly appreciated. Thanks Cesar

reivertom
      Participant

US Member

Your info needs to be on a "sticky" someplace.

chris-p
        Participant
          quote cesarp35:

Thanks for getting back Chris, i purchased the Sierra 18-2684 and My 1957 Evinrude 18hp is model 15020 Serial# 27598 i haven’t taken the lower unit apart just yet but i wanted to be prepared in case the Sierra 18-2684 prop shaft seal is not the correct one. Thanks!

So sorry did not see this!

You are lucky. The 18-2684 should have the correct prop shaft seal for you. This kit will serve the 1957 18hp Evinrude above serial number 22000 as yours is. So that is good. If it were lower than serial number 22000, the prop shaft seal would not work. As there was an engineering change mid year 1957. Sierra does NOT make a seal kit for the ’51 to ’57 10 to 18hp OMCS, as they do NOT have a replacement for the 302495 oil seal.

Hope this helps.

cesarp35
          Participant

That is good news!!!! Thanks so much Chris for getting back and for taking the time to look into this for me i really appreciate it, i’m sure it’s going to help a lot of other people that find themselves in this situation, again Thank you!!!! Cesar

Timothy Puckett
            Participant

Hi, Chris,
              Do you still have any of these? If so, what is the current price and shipping and how do I pay for it? These seals look really nice. I would be installing one on my 1957 Johnson FD-11 18 hp. which I just got running yesterday. My parts catalog shows it to take a 302495 seal. You can reply to me here or via email: timpuckett761@yahoo.com Thanks, Tim.

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

xxx deleted

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by crosbyman.
                seakaye12
                Participant

US Member

Chris’ will you be at either Constantine or Tomahawk this year? If so….will you have ample stock of all your seals?

Mumbles
                  Participant

Chris hasn’t been active here for over a year now but his website is still up!

http://www.myoldboatmotor.com/home.html

Timothy Puckett
                    Participant

Thanks, Mumbles. I appreciate the help. I see that he has a gearcase seal kit which would be perfect for my needs. I tried to send an email to Chris on his website, but the message doesn’t seem to be sending. If he is no longer active, are you aware of anyone else here at AOMCI that sells similar parts? Thank you very much for your time and have a great day. Tim.

fleetwin
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks, Mumbles. I appreciate the help. I see that he has a gearcase seal kit which would be perfect for my needs. I tried to send an email to Chris on his website, but the message doesn’t seem to be sending. If he is no longer active, are you aware of anyone else here at AOMCI that sells similar parts? Thank you very much for your time and have a great day. Tim.

I’m having the same issue…Oh well

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 33 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.