Home Forum Ask A Member 0302035 wrong part number

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Al
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

1955 qd16
      what is 0302035 superceded to ? i ordered the o ring that goes over the bottom crankshaft bearing
      and marine engine sent me the wrong o ring the parts manual says 0302035 is for spacer to impeller housing o ring
      please look at the parts manual for crank shaft section ,item number7 . the 1957 parts manual is also wrong
      thanks for any help

Buccaneer
      Participant

Looks like they were using the same part number in 1963.
        https://www.aomci.org/forums/topic/1963-sportwin-o-ring-on-upper-crank-bearing/

Marine Engine usually show the superceded parts numbers, if any.

If you have the old one, you could try buying a buna o-ring from a hardware
        or auto parts store.

Prepare to be boarded!

frankr
        Participant

My 10hp (1959) original parts book sez 302035 is the number for the o-ring around the lower bearing and also for the lower end of the spacer. If ME is sending you the wrong size o-ring, their parts stock may be mixed up, wrong part in right stock box.

Al
          Participant

Frankr
            i think your right

seakaye12
            Participant

Marineengine says that the carburetor on my 1981 Mercury 25HP is a Tillotson. Tillotson says it is not. So they are not exempt from making errors.

Mumbles
              Participant

Well, isn’t this interesting! 302035 is shown as the P/N for the ten horse lower bearing outer seal O ring and I can’t find anything in my Superceded Parts List saying it isn’t so it should be a good number. Searching that number brings up an O ring for the water pumps on newer motors. The OD of the ten horse crank bearing is 1 1/4″ while the sizes I find listed for the water pump 0302035 O ring are shown as 7/8 X 1 1/8 X 1/8. Is it possible the same part number is being used for the newer O ring as the original O ring with that part number hasn’t been used since 1963?

I think ME sent you the current O ring using that part number. Might be best to call them and see if they have any old stock with the same part number.

QD-Crankshaft-Parts

QD-Crankshaft-Parts-Numbers

302035-O-Ring

fleetwin
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Very interesting indeed…Will be interested in hearing how this plays out…

Mumbles
                  Participant

Marineengine says that the carburetor on my 1981 Mercury 25HP is a Tillotson. Tillotson says it is not. So they are not exempt from making errors.

They also list the 1960 Johnson 18 horse motors as FD-18’s when they are in fact FD-14 models.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1960&hp=18&model=FD-18

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.