Home Forum Ask A Member 1924 Elto Carburetor lever

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

Good Day Everyone!
      I’m working to improve some of the shortcomings on my Ruddertwin. So, I found a better throttle lever (I guess that’s what it’s called) to replace my broken off stubby. I noticed the new one has a hole drilled near the tip of it. Is this how they were or could someone have drilled a hole through it?
      Tom

lever

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tom.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tom.
      Tom
      Participant

stubby

dmbono
        Participant

Looks like a home made “special”

cajuncook1
          Participant

It could have been used to advance the throttle remotely. Again, speculating and definitely home made.

wbeaton
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

The hole is factory. It’s not a throttle lever exactly. It adjusts the travel height of the poppet valve in the carburetor. Once you find the best operating position you can leave it alone. Travel height should be 1/8”. A 1924 model C is the motor that started my love of ELTO’s. Such easy starting and reliable motors. You’ll love it.

Wayne
              Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Tom
              Participant

Great! Thanks for all the replies.
                Very good Wayne. I appreciate all the information, that’s just what I needed! I am interested in knowing all I can about this Elto. It’s a fun project and I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel as I have been working on it for a few years now.
                Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.