Home Forum Ask A Member 1935 Evinrude Lightwin Imperial 5hp Info Needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MonkeyButt
    Participant

Good Day All,
      Today I added two more outboards to my collection. One is a 1925 Johnson Model A25 that will clean up nicely. The other outboard is one I have never seen before. It is a 1935 Evinrude Lightwin Imperial 5hp. It appears to be complete and the motor still has good compression. I have not had the opportunity to test the magnetos but I will do that soon. The gentleman who I bought the motors from told me he was helping the owners clean out an old marine repair shop when he found these outboards. He kept two nice Neptunes and one Gale. I bought the Johnson and Evinrude for $180.00. I think I got a good deal. This is one of the neatest outboards I have ever owned. The aerodynamic cowlings and the overall design is very appealing. I am hoping that someone can give me some more history and rarity of this motor. Like I said I have never seen one of these motors before and I can’t find much information on the internet. I would appreciate any info. Thank you All

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Specs from a 1935 ad…….

1935-Evinrude-Elto-lineup

Prepare to be boarded!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Buccaneer.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.