Home Forum Ask A Member 1936 Johnson A-80 4.5 hp power head HELP!

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    squierka39
    Participant

US Member

PM T2, wow, cool. I have not seen that. I guess what I meant was on the K and A motors, must have been on 50’s also then. Was the Ree-Coil aftermarket or Johnson supplied?

Buccaneer, I’ll be glad to help if I can on those K motors. I also have the K-50 and a KA-10. I would like to see pics of them before being cleaned up.

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

Squier, here you go, my two K series Johnson.
        The first two photos are the 1940 KA-10, and
        the second two the 1941-42 KS-15.
        Any idea what the differences are between
        the KA and KS models?

Attachments:

Prepare to be boarded!

squierka39
        Participant

US Member

Nice motors, the KS is very clean!
          I do know the difference, paint! The tank is painted on the KS, as far as I know everything except the rope sheave is painted dull aluminum.
          The KA-10, 1940, has a polished tank, looking at your picture it almost looks painted, is it bare or paint, mine has the wrong tank so I’m not 100% sure on that. Both your motors look very original so you should be able to compare them and see what shined up and what’s not. My KA-10 unfortunately is not as complete as yours. The decals may be different, let me know how they compare.
          As far as mechanically from the KA-39 thru the KD-15 nothing really changed. KD had recoil, because it was deluxe, but same everything else.
          Good luck with them, you may not need to do much more than a good points cleaning and carb cleaning.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.