Home Forum Ask A Member 1937 4.7 HP model 4227 evinrude

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    piddler
    Participant

Punch List???

Hello
      I have spark ,new plugs, float and primer in carb are clean, gas line working? Pistons look good and move freely?

Hit one time has not hit since.

Was curious if I could get a punch list tips or trouble shooting for this old motor?

Many thanks if you can help or not
      watchmaker here. These parts are quite different from what I am used to. LOL
      Piddler

pm-t2
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Let carburetor bowl fill with fuel, use primer (if equipped) to depress float pin until fuel drips from the carb. Set mixture needle so its open about 1/2 to 5/8 of a turn. Set the timer lever at about 5 o’clock position. Bounce flywheel between compression, the poppet valve should be burping when you do this. Make sure its not stuck to its seat if it doesn’t make any noise. If the poppet is snorting – Rock the flywheel back and forth several times to prime the crankcase, then one hard pull on the rope should get it going. I have a model 4229 and this procedure makes it a one-pull motor every time.
        Hope this helps.

Best,
        PM T2

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

The fisherman was a main stay for the fishing crowd. It had an option of a weedless drive that would darn near run on wet grass. That model was more expensive and fewer were sold. . .

37-cover

37-Pg.5

The Boat House
          Participant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.