Home Forum Ask A Member 1938-39 Muncie Master Twin Decals

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    wbeaton
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I picked up this awesome 1938-39 Muncie Master Twin 16 hp at Suter’s meet yesterday. It’s in really nice condition. The decals are almost completely gone. I’d like to polish and re-decal the tank if possible. Are there any reproduction decals available? Or would anyone have a photo of the original decal?

Everyone loves photos so here she is…

Attachments:

Wayne
      Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

Have never seen a decal for the Muncie Mastertwin, only the Neptune Master 16

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

itchy
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have a 1940 10A16 that looks identical to yours. Nice to see another one and have never known a name for it. I am missing propeller, and the
          coil needs replacing. Mine has been painted light blue sometime in the past – most of the paint is gone.

george-emmanuel
          Participant

US Member

From my original Twin

wbeaton
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Wow, I must say the decal on George’s Neptune sure seems to match the decal on my motor. Either the tank was replaced or it should say Neptune.

Wayne
              Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

RICHARD A. WHITE
              Participant

Lifetime Member

Muncie was a "standard" offering and the Neptune was the "deluxe" version….. check the Old Outboard book page 293 .

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                classicomctools@gmail.com

wbeaton
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years
                  quote Richard A. White:

Muncie was a "standard" offering and the Neptune was the "deluxe" version….. check the Old Outboard book page 293 .

Yes, I read that earlier. The problem I’m having is that the rope sheave and tank decal don’t jive and I can’t find much info about either model. I’m trying to become educated about this motor so I don’t look like a tool when someone asks me about it. I’ll get the Neptune decal and be done with it.

Wayne
                  Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

wbeaton
                  Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I may have found the Muncie decal. Bill Paterson lists the 1937-41 Muncie 16 hp horsepower decal on his site. Bill sells top notch vinyl decals. Unfortunately, I think he may have suspended his decal business due to health reasons. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Wayne
                    Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

chris-p
                    Participant

Wayne,

Bill is in the hospital, however, the manufacturer of the decals has taken over his business. They can still be bought.

BTW….neat motor. We don’t see them a lot up here! I wish I could have gone down with you guys. Next year.

wbeaton
                      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

That’s too bad about Bill. I hope things turn around for him. Do you know where I can buy the decals? I don’t know who made them for him. I’m actually surprised Peter didn’t take over the business.

I hope to run this motor at a meet next year. I’m pretty excited to see what 16 hp feels like with a pre-war outboard.

Wayne
                        Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.