Home Forum Ask A Member 1946 Evinrude Sportsman Model 4412 Repair Manual

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MonkeyButt
    Participant

Hello All,
      I was given a neat little motor and I need a repair manual for it. It is a 1946 Evinrude Sportsman 2hp Model 4412. I have been looking high and low but no results. The motor seems to be in good shape but it does need work. If anyone knows where I can get a copy I would greatly appreciate it. Just let me know the cost. Thanks

β€œThe ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

http://162.144.28.33/lib/johnson/manual … hnson.html

2hp… or 2.5 ?? look up hd25 cousin in Johnson motors

Joining AOMCI has priviledges πŸ™‚

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

Evinrude and johnson were different in those days. some rewind starter parts are the same. The HD Johnson is a twin, the Evinrude is a single. The Sportsman carburetor is more like the one on the Row Boat Motor. I think it is easier to work on . . . 😎

The 171449 capacitor (condenser) should read between 0.09 and 0.125 Β΅Ζ’d (MFD), The coil primary should be 2 to 4 ohms, secondary 4 to 7 K ohms. The breaker points are set at net high point of the cam to 0.020" and the Champion J6C ((NGK B6S) in gapped to 0.030".

The carburetor will probably need needle valve packing. Only tighten the packing nut enough the keep the needle from moving. The fuel filter in the bottom of the float bowl is 100X100 copper screen. with a film of oil it will stop water.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.