Home Forum Ask A Member 1948 3.3HP Evinrude Parts Diagram

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    kevinrude
    Participant

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a parts diagram for a 1948 3.3HP Evinrude? I looked in all of the usual places and couldn’t find one.

Thanks!

Regards,
      Kevin

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

There’s some on this site if you search for 4423.

Prepare to be boarded!

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

It’s in my DropBox Account – – – 😆

kevinrude
          Participant

Sweet. Thanks Garry!

chipster303
            Participant

US Member

Sounds like you are working on one also, kevinrude. I am restoring one myself. Just gathering parts as I experience the need. Hope to find enough parts to get it going. Good luck with yours and let me know if I can help in any way.

Chip

rjoynt
              Participant

US Member

Hey Chip. I have one on the rack. Maybe time to pull it off of the rack and work on it during this cold Ohio winter! Brrrrrr…..

bookfuzz
                Participant

Want to thank Gary in Tampa for the posting of the 3.3 hp. I just acquired one in nice shape but needed that info.

skanders01
                  Participant

Came across one of these for pretty cheap that is intact, started and ran OK last year. Won’t start now, so I am starting with a carb kit if I can find one. When I broke it down the float/chamber was full of small cork (float) particles clogging up the works. Float was not protected with any coatings. Any of you rebuilders find a good source for a carb repair kit?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Anderson
                    Trempeleau, WI
                    skanders@triwest.net
                    920-764-0501

garry-in-michigan
                    Participant

Lifetime Member

The float was coated with lacquer, which is disolved by the alcohol in todays fuel. Sorry – no carburetor kits, you have to order the individual parts, Old stock floats would have to be resealed . . . 🙂

crosbyman
                      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

that float "looks" like the TN27 float….. could the mercury float be used ?

Dan had suggested the following … (My TN27 float was in great shape so I am just going to reseal it for now)

Get you a Sierra #18-7208 float. Same as Mercury #1395-8673. Works great & you don’t have to coat it or anything. Slight modifications. Just drill out the center to remove the little spring for the center rod & add the hole for the screw to hold the plate to set float heigth. Best way to go & cheap.

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.