Home Forum Ask A Member 1948 Firestone twin cylinder water cooling question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Braden
    Participant
      1. Hi I am new to this platform and I just got my hands on a firestone twin cylinder made in 1948 and I think it has 7.5hp but may be mistaken I’m having a cooling issue no water is coming out of the back of the motor where water is supposed to come out. Do you think there is something stuck in the pipes and the water pump is doing its job I’ve tried compressed air and water into the pipe and a little bit of water came out. I just need a suggestion on if it’s the pump or their is something on the pipe and if it is the pump can someone send me a link of where I can get it. Thanks for the recommendations!
      Braden
      Participant

This is the boat motor water pump rotor and the tube I think the water goes up into

Buccaneer
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

If the lower unit was all together, and the power head off, you could place the
          lower unit in a deep enough bucket of water and spin the drive shaft over
          with a drill, to see if the wobbler pump is still viable.
          Hard to tell from your photo, but the center hole of the wobbler needs to
          be a snug fit on the eccentric in order to get full contact, and pump water
          on it’s outer edges.
          Search Brian Wilcox on this site. He makes and sells some wobblers.

Prepare to be boarded!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.