Home Forum Ask A Member 1953 Majestic 5HP colors acice needed please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    huntleybill
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I am getting ready to restore a Majestic and am wondering what colors/colors the motor is supposed to be? Are there any color code numbers or other info to best get the correct colors? Any off the shelf colors that match?

I would like to make the colors and the restoration as correct as possible.
      Thank you for your time
      Bill

kevinrude
      Participant

I had a look at some vintage outboard motor paint sites (nymarine.ca and reprotint) but could not find anything. I wonder if it might be worth contacting them to see if they know? Majestics were built by Champion, could the color be the same as them?

Sorry that I couldn’t be more help. Good luck, though!

seakaye12
        Participant

US Member

Have you inquired to Coopper Jess? He is the Special Interest group leader for Champion. I have asked him a couple of questions and found him to be very helpful.
          His contact information is in the AOMCI Directory….or you could PM him here. His username here is champhotrod

Chuck

outbdnut2
          Participant

US Member

Below are a couple of links that show motors with the factory color. I have a couple of these waiting in line to be restored, but I’ve never tried to match paint.
            Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyMxDti-qag

https://www.k-bid.com/auction/15217/item/55

huntleybill
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you for the info. I did see the videos and the motor I have is a two tone green-ish color. I sent a PM to Coopper yesterday but have not heard anything yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.