Home Forum Ask A Member 1955 Evinrude 7.5 extra water tube?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    russ
    Participant

I pulled this motor apart because the pistons were both stuck.Do not know if this was the problem.Previous owner maybe wanted to keep it cooler. My question is it feasable or worthwhile to to clean this all up and and put back together with extra water jacket. Or is it possible to fix casing. Thanks for help Russ….

inside-motor

inside-motor1

inside-motor2

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Mumbles.
      seakaye12
      Participant

US Member

Was a PO trying to add a tell-tale?

Mumbles
        Participant

The block looks OK so I’d just clean it up and put some sealer on the threads and screw the plug back in and call it a day.

russ
          Participant

This is threaded into the block and is hollow. Looks like someone wanted to let more water in .I would like to put motor back together but do not know if I should remove this threaded tube or just leave it the way it is. Russ.

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

assuming the normal cooling water flow is ok !! just plug it with a short bolt (stainless) with blue locktite … and don’t worry about it …get that trolling wonder going asap. 🙂

choose proper base gasket they look a like !!

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

fleetwin
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

This is threaded into the block and is hollow. Looks like someone wanted to let more water in .I would like to put motor back together but do not know if I should remove this threaded tube or just leave it the way it is. Russ.

Russ, I am wondering why you are saying/thinking “someone wants to let more water in….” The hollow screw lets more water out of the block, unless I am missing something in the pictures, I’m guessing someone was trying to make some sort of overboard cooling telltale. That hole in the screw seems a bit too large and could compromise the cooling system a bit. If it were mine, I would plug the hole….

russ
                Participant

Thanks you all I am going to clean this up and plug it…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.