Home Forum Ask A Member 1956 Gale 12D13 12hp outboard

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    vintage.1958
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying that.

Mumbles
      Participant

The only issue is the high speed needle in the carburetor has to be set at 1/4 turn out from lightly seated or it dies. /quote]

There’s nothing wrong with that. The initial setting is just a ballpark figure to get the motor running and as soon as it starts, finer adjustments will have to be made as it warms up. All motors will have the needles set at different amounts to find the sweet spot so just adjust them for best running and enjoy it!

If your motor uses a pressure tank, final adjustments should be made with the motor on a boat and time allowed for the tank to develop full pressure. This ensures the fuel level in the carb bowl is at it’s proper level.

vintage.1958
        Participant

Four years have passed since I started this motor.  I ran across this post when looking back at old email.  Retirement, a move, grandchildren, travel, and multiple storage units later, I finally dug it out and started it.  Insects tried to make it their home but I evicted them yesterday and it started with only a few pulls. I finally have free time to play with outboards.  I couldn’t remember much about what I had previously done to the motor but was able to view this thread after 4 years!  Thank you for keeping this website going and saving this information so I could continue with this project.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.