Home Forum Ask A Member 1957 Center Console Feather Craft

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jlasacco
    Participant

I hope you can help me. My dad recently passed away and left behind a 14 foot center console boat. The boat is at his home in FL and I am in NJ. My step mother tells me that it is a 1957 Feather Craft Boat. She does not know the model. I looked on Feather Craft’s web site and I was able to see a 1957 catalog. I did not see that boat in that catalog. Can you confirm that this boat is a Feather Craft and if so, what the model is? I know that in front of the center console is a raised platform with a swivel seat for fishing or hunting. In the back was also a single swivel seat that broke off. I hope the little details that I have helps.

Samuel Phelps
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Have you looked here . http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=Feather_Craft
        Can you post some pics ? Where are you in Florida ?
        I don’t recall FC having a CC model but there may have been . Maybe it was modified …

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Samuel Phelps.
        reivertom
        Participant

US Member

Somebody could have used a Feathercraft hull and reconfigured the cockpit and seats. I see it all the time. When I was looking for a certain model Alumacraft, I’d find one with the right hull, but the inside was totally changed.

jlasacco
          Participant

I am trying to get some pics to post to you. I will see what my step mother can find. Thanks for your help.

chinewalker
            Participant

US Member

60 year old boats often have modifications done to them. Ive seen sleek go-fast boats butchered to accommodate all sorts of “accessories”. Kinda like cutting up a Corvette to stick a camper in the back…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.