Home Forum Ask A Member 1961 Elgin 12 hp impeller

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    THOMAS RICH
    Participant

US Member

Does anyone have information on the this motor?  Looking for a an impeller. I know if it was made by Mcculloch/Scott and possibly had the the bail-o-matic, indicated possibly two water pumps.  The model indicates 12 hp and the tag indicates 14.1 hp.  Model 574.30130   S/N 61601210-1401.

seakaye12
      Participant

US Member

Yes it is bailomatic according to a 1976 NAPA catalogue it uses two of the 18-3019  (Sierra) .  Probably long ago discontinued but it might help you reference equivalents.

McCulloch PN  75250

The following threads pertain to a substitute Honda impeller.  Not sure if this will fit your motor but it might be worth looking to what these members had to say.

https://www.aomci.org/forums/search/19210/

THOMAS RICH
        Participant

US Member

Thanks  you for the lead.  I’m used to OMC parts, Which are usually easy to get.

THOMAS RICH
          Participant

US Member

Thanks for the information.  I’m trying to source a lower crankcase seal also.  It was leaking fuel from the back to back seals and after pulling them I measured them and came up with .875 x 1.875 x .157.  having a tough time finding them. I may try to get a double seal after measuring the depth I need, which was .397. Have you found a source for the lower crankcase seals?

I also purchased a parts manual for Scott 14.1 hp on pdf which I can send to you need  one.

THOMAS RICH
            Participant

US Member

I was able to use Sierra impeller 18-8903. It has a plastic housing but the diameter and thickness is exact. Had to modify the pin holder in the plastic by heating up a small nail and melting the plastic to the exact size of the pin.

Tom
              Participant

US Member

By chance, do you know if that’s the same impeller for the 7.5 and 10 hp from 1959?  That part number is 133-5100 according to the parts list I have.

Or, could you post the dimensions of the one you replaced with the 18-8903?

Thanks for your help!  I’d like to keep my ’59 Scott made Wizard running for a while.

Tom

fastjohn
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

SKF seal  8860 is .875 x 1.875 x.250 available on ebay and elseware.

THOMAS RICH
                  Participant

US Member

Tom,
                    My manual indicates the original part number was 138-5100. You indicated your part number 133-5100. If yours is a typo and is actually 138-5100 the sierra impeller I provided is correct. You will have to modify an indentation in the plastic housing to accept the pin. I used a nail held with a vice grip and held it over a torch and melted the indentation into it. The one I purchased (18-8903 for a Chrysler) was off Amazon for $10.40. It was not that hard to put in.

Hope this helps.

Tom

THOMAS RICH
                    Participant

US Member

I was mistaken! It’s .875 x 1.1875 x .187. I found one made by TCM #08711vm-bx, but no one has them in stock. I could not locate this size via SKF or National.

Thank you for your help!

Tom
                      Participant

US Member

Thanks for following up…  The manual I have for the ’59 Wizard 7.5 shows 133-5100 as the impeller part number.  The leg and lower unit for the 7.5, 10. 12, and 14 all look the same to me, but I’m not sure whether they really are, or whether they all use the same impeller.

Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.