Home Forum Ask A Member 1963 25HP Gale

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wlwmrw
    Participant

We have a 1963 14′ Lone Star with a 1963 25HP Gale Motor. Would this be considered and antique? We are planning to sell and don’t know if we should market it as and antique or just an old boat. Can any of you experts help direct us? Engine was just gone over and runs great. We have owned the boat since 1986 but don’t use it anymore as we have a larger/newer Maxum. We currently have boat, motor, and trailer listed for $900. Are we way out of the ballpark. Any help/advice any of you could provide would be appreciated.

Ken Smith
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Not an antique but more of a classic. Sounds like you’re in the ballpark with the price.

www.kenadianoutboards.com

wlwmrw
        Participant

Thank you Ken!! We appreciate the feedback. We did have someone ask if the Gale was original to the Lone Star. They thought that Lone Star boats always sold with Evenrude motors. We are not the original owners so I am not sure. Do you know if Gales were ever sold on Lone Star boats? Lol – we have always bought used boats so I have no idea how that works. do they come as sets or do you buy each component separate?

dave-bernard
          Participant

US Member

Back then you bought the boat, then the motor separate not a package. so I mostly depended on the dealer. I worked for a mercury dealer so mercs were installed mostly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.