Home Forum Ask A Member 1966 Evinrude 3hp folding outboard opinions wanted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    davesko
    Participant

So my friend passed away recently and his wife asked me to sell his outboards. I am stumped on what to ask for this motor. I know you guys don’t like to give prices but I need some guidance. It is extremely nice, very low hours, runs great and has always been cared for properly. It also has the case with it. I know flea bay prices are unrealistic so just need some idea where to start. Thank you, Dave Sko Hershey Pa

dougs-outboards
      Participant

Since it has the case, I would ask around $400-$450 for it, other opinions may vary.

fisherman6
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I was thinking, of course I haven’t seen it firsthand, that somewhere in the $350-$450 range would be appropriate. It seems like it’s pretty nice from the description.
          -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

twostroke
          Participant

There was a fellow parked next to me at Mark Suter’s meet this fall that had one in about the same condition with case, and as I remember he wanted something a little north of $400.

Jim

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

davesko
            Participant

Thanks guys I was thinking in the same ballpark. Going to put it on the free classifieds here and see what happens. Thanks again Dave

captchuck
              Participant

Just curious, did the one at Mark Sutters sell at a little north of $400?

kerry
                Participant

US Member

This guy has no idea…https://lansing.craigslist.org/bpo/d/ev … 15690.html

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

green-thumbs
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

At least he put a price on it, negotiation might result in a realistic price Seller has no investment in motor and it will need all the usual suspects checked out and probably replaced.
                    Cash has to only whisper to be heard.
                    Louis

frankr
                    Participant

US Member

I spoke with a guy that displayed a nice folder at a local meet yesterday. He said it is not for sale, but if it were he wouldn’t consider less than $1000. I’m sort of thinking it depends on if it is in the hands of a collector, or if it is somebody not "in the know" that is selling it.

outboard315
                      Participant

There is this one, he says it is a ducktwin. I see them more in the 250-350 range.

https://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/bpo/ … 33485.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.