Home Forum Ask A Member 1966, MQ12A Johnson, 9.5 hp, Spare Parts?

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

the anti vibration kit is a pair of small plates bolted to the lower housing and connected to the engine with a spring

very easy to spot as it is installed on each side of the engine PH near the rear.

your engine does seems to vivbrate that much and the video posted view angle does not permit to confirm a kit is installed.

the problem with bad vibs is that the engine shakes so much it pull the choke button rearwards and kills the engine.

you do not seem to have that problem .

the pin remains a mystery for now….

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by crosbyman.
      Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

The motor is loaded up in the car and heading back to the brother in law today,
        but I’ll give him the pin for a keepsake, or maybe he can use it on his John Deere!
        Thanks for the brain storming.

Prepare to be boarded!

kerry
        Participant

US Member

In the manufacturing world, that pin resembles a locking or alignment pin to keep an assembly from moving/rotating until installed and captured, then removed.

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

Buccaneer
          Participant

US Member

I gave said pin to the brother in law yesterday and told him to hang on to it, “just in case”
            the need for it shows itself!

Prepare to be boarded!

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member

Mystery solved on the pin that hit the floor as I was tilting down the Johnson,
              and I’m embarrased to say it’s from my very old 8″ Cressent wrench.

I made the startling discovery when I went to use said antique wrench
              and the adjuster wheel fell out.
              Strange part is, I don’t remember using this wrench on the Johnson.

Strange things happen!
              Worst part is, that the pin is now 50 miles away with the owner of the Johnson, lol.

Prepare to be boarded!

bobw
              Participant

US Member

Well, at least you won’t have to wonder if something on his motor will fall apart!

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
                1954 Johnson CD-11
                1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
                1958 Johnson QD-19
                1958 Johnson FD-12
                1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
                "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.