Home Forum Ask A Member 1967 Johnson 3 hp Folding runs hot

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mercuryman
    Participant

OK I will give that a try, Thanks I just repaid my dues.

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I’m sure you can find the original screen, someone here should have one, or perhaps ebay…. I don’t think I would try to substitute or make up a screen…
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/OMC-9-9-or-15-hp-Drive-shaft-15-Johnson-Evinrude-321455-329510-341590/224078682567?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I only saw one on ebay, but it was more money that marineengine.com

You could find a carb with an adjustable high speed needle, or perhaps just the bowl and the needle. But, you will have to modify the lower shrouds for this change.

Or, you could order a fixed jet one or two thousandths larger. Please don’t attempt to drill the jet out. Have you had the jet out of the carb? Is it clean? Perhaps just soaking the fixed jet in engine tuner will solve the issue. These opening is pretty small on these little engines…It might look clean, but all it takes is just the slightest growth of crud from ethanol fuels to close it down a few thousandths and cause an issue. This growth is not visible to our eyes.

mercuryman
        Participant

I made one out of aluminum flashing made a big difference will start 1 or 2 pulls and will run good without choke on 1/2 . Thanks All

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.