Home › Forum › Ask A Member › 1967 Johnson JWF22C, 3 hp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #329847
    Buccaneer
    Participant

      US Member

      I’m working on the subject motor for a high-school friend.
      Just went through the magneto today. I was happy to see
      that the coils looked in good shape, and tested out okay.
      Were any OMC coils “purple” back in 1967, or were these
      aftermarket? The plug wires were pretty stiff.
      From what I understand, this motor probably hasn’t
      run for a few decades.

      DSCN6818

      DSCN6801

      Prepare to be boarded!

      #329852
      Steve D
      Participant

        I recall seeing a lot of those Buc and always thought they were OMC. But according to whoever put this display together, if I’m seeing the color correctly, he has them marked as possible aftermarket.

        coil-display-brighter

        #329860
        Buccaneer
        Participant

          US Member

          Thanks Steve. AI didn’t think OMC ever had any purple coils either.

           

          Prepare to be boarded!

          #329862
          JACQUES
          Participant

            AI is the grand child of the HAL9000!   use with care and don’t trust your life of it.

            Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.