Home Forum Ask A Member 1973 9.5 Hp Evinrude

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Evinrude 25
    Participant

Just saw it one for sale with a big hole on the hood. The hole may be too big for it.

Evinrude 25
      Participant

Just see in the ad for $60.00 non running, non turning over! Seller has no clue about it. He said 25 hp but it does not look like it.
        It looks like 1955-1956 Johnson.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Evinrude 25.
        frankr
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

1953-54 Evinrude Fastwin 15hp

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

$60 US $$$ ====> $100 CDNn $$$ … NEVER ! charge him 25$ to clean his yard

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

wedgie
            Participant

it is a long shaft too.

Evinrude 25
              Participant

$60.00 Canadian! I wish he could give me free! It could be a restoring project!

fleetwin
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Boy, you know how to pick em buddy….Those 9.5s are definitely an “aquired taste”…. These engines don’t have alot of compression to begin with, so 65PSI doesn’t seem that low. I would pull the head and have a look inside.

outbdnut2
                  Participant

I tried drilling some holes in the top cowl under the lifting handle on one of these, thinking that if it rained, water would not get in. Those holes didn’t help – probably because they were too far from the carb. The problem was the bellows-shaped shift rod rubber boot.
                    Dave

Mumbles
                    Participant

I tried drilling some holes in the top cowl under the lifting handle on one of these, thinking that if it rained, water would not get in. Those holes didn’t help – probably because they were too far from the carb. The problem was the bellows-shaped shift rod rubber boot.
                      Dave

nymarine has these 309631 boots for $25 plus shipping but I used a small zap strap on mine to tighten it up a bit and it seems to be working fine.

http://nymarine.ca/grommets.htm

http://nymarine.ca/

outbdnut2
                      Participant

I fixed my shift rod boot leak with a spring-loaded custom part one of our members here invented and made a few of and it worked great, and very little disassembly to add these parts; but he only made a few because the added spring was not reliably consistent from motor to motor and caused bad operation of the shift lever on some, but it worked fine for me.
                        Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.