1973 9.5 Hp Evinrude

Home Forum Ask A Member 1973 9.5 Hp Evinrude

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    Evinrude 25

Replies: 85
    Topics: 11

$60.00 Canadian! I wish he could give me free! It could be a restoring project!

fleetwin

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 3640
    Topics: 35

Boy, you know how to pick em buddy….Those 9.5s are definitely an “aquired taste”…. These engines don’t have alot of compression to begin with, so 65PSI doesn’t seem that low. I would pull the head and have a look inside.

outbdnut2

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1459
    Topics: 77

I tried drilling some holes in the top cowl under the lifting handle on one of these, thinking that if it rained, water would not get in. Those holes didn’t help – probably because they were too far from the carb. The problem was the bellows-shaped shift rod rubber boot.
    Dave

Mumbles
    Mumbles

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4758
    Topics: 266

I tried drilling some holes in the top cowl under the lifting handle on one of these, thinking that if it rained, water would not get in. Those holes didn’t help – probably because they were too far from the carb. The problem was the bellows-shaped shift rod rubber boot.
    Dave

nymarine has these 309631 boots for $25 plus shipping but I used a small zap strap on mine to tighten it up a bit and it seems to be working fine.

http://nymarine.ca/grommets.htm

http://nymarine.ca/

outbdnut2

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1459
    Topics: 77

I fixed my shift rod boot leak with a spring-loaded custom part one of our members here invented and made a few of and it worked great, and very little disassembly to add these parts; but he only made a few because the added spring was not reliably consistent from motor to motor and caused bad operation of the shift lever on some, but it worked fine for me.
    Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.