Home Forum Ask A Member 22 Evinrude RBM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    slim60
    Participant

She’s alive! Just a couple things to finish the project. The transom bracket looks to fit 15" or 20" transom. What’s the best way to mount this securely on my Lund 12′. It’s a 15" transom and I have a jack plate for it.

Attachments:

eltoquad
      Participant

US Member

Make sure when you adjust the drive shaft that it’s adjusted long enough so that when you shift motor into reverse the prop clears the bottom of the boat.

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

– – – Good advice – – –
          😆

pm-t2
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

If you have a 15 inch transom, with that transom bracket you should have no need for anything special in order to hang it on your boat.
            It should fit a standard transom just fine. Hang it, tighten the thumbscrews, and you should be fine. Tether it with a safety chain to be safe. Most of us don’t do that nearly often enough, myself included.

pay attention to the advice about verifying that the lower unit swing, and enjoy the ride.

best,
            PM T2

garry-in-michigan
            Participant

Lifetime Member

When first testing a newly acquired outboard – always test upstream . . . 😆

slim60
              Participant

We can expect freezing temps the next few nights here in SE Wisconsin so I drained the test tank and answered my own question. This motor will fit just fine on my boat. Thanks for the tips on prop depth. I’ll try posting a video.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.