Home Forum Ask A Member 35 johnson super seahorse

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tinman
    Participant

US Member

Hey guys. Have a chance to pick up a 1958 35 hp Johnson super seahorse. No controls or wiring harness. Barn kept for many years. I guess clean enough for sitting in an old dusty barn. Cowling looks ok. Some damage to chrome but there. Are the parts any harder to find than for a regular 35 hp motor? I know it has a different looking lower unit. And as far as the wiring harness and the steering controls…. are they impossible to find??? Thanks for your help.
      Bryan

frankr
      Participant

US Member

1958 Super Sea Horse was the first of the “Super Quiet” motors that continued for over a decade. So most parts are not rare at all. Of course, an exception would be that special and beautiful trim on the ’58. And that makes it a valuable collectors’ motor.

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Wiring harness fits 1958-61 35 & 40hp motors. Steering is plain ol’ OMC used for many years.

lindy46
          Participant

US Member

A good used wiring harness may be hard to find. Nymarine.ca has them but expensive. You could make your own.

Tinman
            Participant

US Member

Thanks ! Since the price is right I think I’ll go ahead and pick it up. May be a little while before I get to it since I’ve got a couple projects ahead of it but it looks like a cool motor.

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

before spending to much $$$$ check compression….

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Tinman
                Participant

US Member

I will! Something I always do. And I always check the gear case too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.