58 Evinrude 35 Related Issue

Home Forum Ask A Member 58 Evinrude 35 Related Issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Gary Richey

Replies: 27
    Topics: 8

This issue isn’t motor related but maybe someone out there has an idea. I’m getting ever so close to launching the boat, but I have a final trailer issue. The trailer is the original trailer that came with the 1957 14′ Whitehouse boat, and the Evinrude 35 motor. The trailer is a Mastercraft. The trailer issue is the bow stop. It does not have one of the newer one-piece V shaped stops with a bolt hole for mounting. Rather it has two rubber “sleeves” that slide over a metal shaft (flat), one on each side and the bow would be pulled up snug to them. I have only one sleeve however, and need another. The rubber sleeve is approx 3 inches long by 1.5 inches wide and 1 inch thick and has a groove cut out of the center so it can slide on. The one I have is OK but if replacements were available I’d gladly buy a pair. Any ideas of a source or possibly a different solution?

dave-bernard

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 2014
    Topics: 30

Got a pic ????

frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

How about some rubber strips and Gorilla Glue?
    https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber/rubber/

billw

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2071
    Topics: 66

Pardon me if my imagination of what you’ve got isn’t what it should be…..But here are some rubber tubes. Nothing like what you describe really but maybe you could use a piece of them, somehow? Do both sides, to match?

https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber-hollow-rods/multipurpose-neoprene-rubber-tubes/shape~rectangular-tube/shape~round-tube/

Long live American manufacturing!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by billw.

David Bartlett

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 571
    Topics: 24

This is what he needs.

David Bartlett
    Pine Tree Boating Club Chapter

"I don't fully understand everything I know!"

Gary Richey

Here’s a pic

Gary Richey

The products available from McMaster look good. I checked into them and I can only buy in quantity – way more than I need, It has given me, though, some ideas of how to cover the other “arm” with some kind of rubber, I just need to think about it some more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.