Home Forum Ask A Member ‘62 5.5 evinrude

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

US Member

"…in the north east…"

Where are you located? Yankee Chapter is having a meet in Lowell this Saturday. If the weather is good, there will be a lot of good "seasoned" minds that would be able to check out your motor. Email me at manleyt1923@gmail.com for more details if you want them.

Tom Manley

scottshea
      Participant

Thanks Tom, I’m on long island. I wouldn’t be able to get there this weekend. It seems the problem will be corrected soon anyhow and I can move on with my plans. We also took on a new boat this season so that boat has all of our attention at this time. Just trying to enjoy the rest of the warm weather on the water. Thank you for the invite though.

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years
          quote Scottshea:

Is Ralph an older gentleman? If so he has sold off the business and moved down south. The shop as seemed to migrate toward internet sales as a large part of revenue. They buy out old stock then sell it online. When I collected my motor I had to dig through a tray to get my linkage and cotter pins for the choke. When I couldn’t find the pin he just ran into his stockpile and threw me a new one. I could see the shop was messy, and that’s ok. Busy =mess. But losing the small pieces that are hard to replace is just sloppy work. That’s why I’ll probably not go back ever for any outboards.

Well, to be honest, it has been twenty years since I used to call on Ralph regularly….He surely may have retired and moved down south….
          And yes, the place was a mess back then also….I too equated the mess to being busy back then….
          Sounds like the place has gone down hill….No excuse for losing pieces or returning the engine in pieces….Especially on a nice old engine who’s bits/pieces are tough to replace….
          I live in Providence, and will be happy to help anyway I can….Give me a call if you like or PM me…Don

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.