Home Forum Ask A Member 75 hp OMC powerhead compatible internals?

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    fleetwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

What do you mean by “bottom end rebuilding kits”? Are you referring to parts needed for a powerhead rebuild? OMC never offered and powerhead rebuilding kits, just a gasket set.
      I usually find that these rebuilding kits have some things you don’t need and are missing things you do need….
      You might be better off looking for the items you need piece by piece.
      I am asssssuming you will need oversize pistons and rings, and will need to have the block bored oversize…

shoestringmariner
      Participant

What do you mean by “bottom end rebuilding kits”? Are you referring to parts needed for a powerhead rebuild? OMC never offered and powerhead rebuilding kits, just a gasket set.
        I usually find that these rebuilding kits have some things you don’t need and are missing things you do need….
        You might be better off looking for the items you need piece by piece.
        I am asssssuming you will need oversize pistons and rings, and will need to have the block bored oversize…

Thanks, see I have 135 psi across the board, I only want to do bearings.

But I have been told that the crank and rods may be junk from the water intrusion causing pitting.

I’m going to open it up and see how it looks.

I did happen to find a bearing rebuild kit. It is not OMC however.

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Why is it that you want to replace the bearings if the compression is even? Unfortunately, chances are that rod and crank journals will be pitted also if the bearings are bad… I have never heard of a “bearing kit”….

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.