Home Forum Ask A Member Aluma Craft G

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    twostroke
    Participant

Just got home from picking up a really nice unmolested and non-beat up Aluma Craft Model G. From what I can find on line, this boat was produced 1954-1957, but I can’t find any serial # info. This boat has G1139 stamped into the prow cover next to the Aluma Craft tag. Anyone out ther have any production/number info?

Thanks!

Jim

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

try the company they seem to bearound still

http://alumacraft.com/

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

bob-d
        Participant

US Member

Don’t know if this will help?
          Bob D

Attachments:

wagemaker
          Participant

twostroke,
            I found an Alumacraft this summer. "R 798" is stamped on transom brace. I emailed Alumacraft customer support at 11:00 pm one night and they got back to me before 9 am the next day. They told me it was a model R made in 1953. Amazing service these days. Contact them.
            How the hell did you get it home in this blizzard? Happy New year. Post photos.

twostroke
            Participant

We didn’t get the lake effect crap that they did further west & north….just cold. 75 mph to Pontiac and back and sunny. Pardon messy shop & salt-encrusted boat & trailer…..it’s got about 6" of ice (and leaves, etc.) in it and I’m trying to get it thawed out. It was polished a few years back, but they let it go. I’ll have it polished and re-decaled by spring. Even the original transom wood is decent.

Attachments:

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

nice solid looking boat. ! nice find. no sharp edges 😛

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

vintin
                Participant

Very nice looking ship. I want it!

As far as polishing it. I wouldn’t. It will need constant polishing plus the fact that the natural patina looks better than the artificial looks that polishing creates. Brillow pads leave a nice burnished looks that seldom needs touching up. And what ever you do…..don’t paint it!

You know how a motor looks when it is painted a non factory color?

That is how a painted aluminum boat looks to me.

kevinrude
                  Participant

I picked up an AlumaCraft FD in the fall. It has a serial number located on the post connecting the transom to the hull. I emailed the company this number and they responded within 24 hours letting me know what year it was. Let’s compare notes as we refurbish our boats over the next several months.

Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptjoPQ2g3bk&t=10s

opposedtwin
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I believe that’s an RB model. I think only the R and RB models had those vertical ribs on the stern. However, i have never seen a G in the flesh so it may have had the vertical ribs as well. Others will know for sure.

EDIT: I guess it’s got to be a G since it’s stamped up front. Does it also have that alpha-numeric on the transom brace as well?

bill-loveland
                      Participant

The only castings on the G are the oarlocks. I’m wracking my brains trying to remember where the serial number is on mine – at a guess I’d say look on the transom. I’d take a look at mine, but it’s peacefully slumbering under a cover of ice and snow, dreaming of summer.

btw, here’s one you don’t see very often – a model E: https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ … 10345.html

The E was the two foot shorter version of the more popular A

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.