Home Forum Ask A Member armature Johnson AB-25

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    muddog2
    Participant

I took the coil off the armature and I removed the spark plug wires, they were shot. What is the black stuff the coil was set in and where do I get it?
      ‘also I see where all I have to do is pull the spark plug wire about 1/2" through the hole in the armature. It appears that the spark plug wire was stripped a little bit and coiled up at the end. I have found cloth spark plug wire 9mm and the forked ends to attach the wires to the plug.

Any help putting the coil and new spark plug wires back on the armature would be greatly appreciated.

before

Present

Robert Clark

hans
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

You will like the motor even more when you have it running.
        the Black stuff is protective coating to keep the electrical connecting surfaces operational.

Our old Guru, now in boat motor heaven, ( Bob Hatcher ) always picket it out and saved it in a small tin can to heat up and reuse.

The original spark plug wire, was 9mm with grey rubber covering and very flexible wire.

Many people have used cloth covered old car spark plug wire which may be a little stiff when moving the spark lever.

The wire making process often tinned the bare wire before insulating and adding cloth cover and shellac coating.

DO NOT SOLDER THE SPARK PLUG WIRE TO THE COIL TERMINAL !

There is a lot more info but typing is so slow.
        call and leave a message and then I could convey more info.

517-2six3 3 six six sis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.