Backfire/misfire thru carb

Home Forum Ask A Member Backfire/misfire thru carb

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)

• fleetwin

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4737
    Topics: 46

Nice work! You are so right, there isn’t much meat or clearance there.

fleetwin

US Member - 2 Years

‘On this set up, you could start the engine out of the water without harming it, let it heat up while running slowly, see if the horn sounds once it heats up.’

Uh, maybe remove the gearcase first so the water pump housing and impeller don’t melt?

Mumbles, he is working on a “turbo jet”, no gearcase or rubber impeller used here.

Beno

Replies: 121

Running nice correct temp now.   Added extra muffler cooling. So now you can even hold the muffler uShape with your hand

As I was giving it a once-over I opened up the turbo jet gear case and thought I would check the oil needless to say I removed about 55 Oz of foamy yellow contaminated oil.. (see pics)

Yikes! Immediately Replaced with new 75w-90 synthetic today.

It topped off at 76ounces of gear oil. Even tho the online capacity stats says 84.6oz

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Beno.

fleetwin

US Member - 2 Years

Just change the oil frequently, don’t mess with it.

Beno

Sunbird seems to be doing very well.  the current cooling configuration works great.
    (additionally I managed to get another project jetboat for virtually nothing so I have some ideas for that)

So just listed it in my area so someone can enjoy it, I don’t go out enough in it.

Seems that because of the supply chain disruptions (which NO-ONE has been given, or has a clear, understanding of why they are happening… we’re all just told to accept it as “a chip problem, or a HR problem. and look the other way.) You cannot get a used jetboat this year.

and furthermore seadoo has stopped making jetboats entirely now. Supposedly Scarab is going to make some I heard?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Beno.

Beno

Just relaying thanks from my nephews out on tupper lake with the jetboat.  going on 2 or 3 years now of OMC140 v4 Jetboating and recreation

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.