Home Forum Ask A Member Ben Johnson Posing with Outboard Motor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chris-p
    Participant

I bought out the collection of an elderly gentleman that worked at the Peterborough Plant for OMC back in the day.

In his collections, was a box of negatives, showing athlete runner Ben Johnson posing with different outboards. Must have been a promotional thing. After searching the old interweb though, cannot seem to find anything regarding this? Anyone remember seeing any advertising like this?

I would post a picture of what I have , but have never had one developed. I will, and will post once I do.

kevinrude
      Participant

Could be the scandal occurred before the ads ever ran? MIght make it one-of-a-kind?

jw-in-dixie
        Participant

Which Ben Johnson was that and what was the scandal? Thx ❓ ❓

wedgie
          Participant

Canadian Olympic sprinter busted for steroid use. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Johnson_(sprinter)

Ken Smith
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I remember the ads well. They were in alot of the weekend magazines that the newspapers put out at the time.As I recall they were put out just prior to the Olympics and quickly dropped after the steroid scandal.

www.kenadianoutboards.com

chris-p
              Participant

Great thanks Ken. Now to find these ads to go with the negatives!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.