Home Forum Ask A Member British Seagull Information

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ausob-collector
    Participant

Hi all

I have recently been tasked with collecting data for British Seagull model SJP’s, and need your help!!! I am collecting the data relating to these motors so we ( on the Saving Old Seagulls website) can narrow down exact production runs and minor changes in these motors that came out.

If you would be kind enough to shoot me an email on ausobcollector (@) gmail (dot) com then I can specify via that the info I need regarding your motor.

Thanks very much and Cheers
      BP

kees
      Participant

International Member - 2 Years

do you expect a lot of these models in the US ?
        I have my doubts, but…..you never know

ausob-collector
        Participant

Kees,

I know that there are definitely some Seagulls in the US, with the SJP being the most common (I assume) because of the long production run etc.

I’m sure you have an SJP or two lurking with your Marstons? 😉

Cheers
          BP

cajuncook1
          Participant

BP, I have SPJ L 40 plus that was manufactored in Feb 1964. I converted it to a OMC coil, but will convert it back to Villiers coil when get to ordering one on ebay. So many motors, so little time lately.

Cajun

Edit:
            Opps, my bad. I thought you stated SPJ……..but it looks like you want SJP 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳

ausob-collector
            Participant

Hi all

Just a bump up and reminder…
              I am collecting data of SJP model British Seagull 40 + motors for Saving Old Seagulls so it is possible for us to narrow down when in the production run they changed things like

– fuel cap design
              – fuel tank design
              – cyl. block design and many more

All I need from you is a couple of pictures of your SJP model Seagull and the serial number; I can get most, if not all, data from those.

So if you have one of these motors please email me on ausobcollector (@) gmail.com

Thanks and cheers
              BP

Attachments:

chingachgook
              Participant

Pretty sure I have an early 60’s SJPL among the dozen or so gulls at home. Will try to remember to take photographs next time I get there. SJP’s are fairly rare in the US, the the later FP coded engines are much more common. I don’t think they were imported here until late 1950’s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.